It’s ok to be in a bad headspace this morning, but you don’t need to ruminate in it. Let’s work together to stop negative mindset from controlling your day.
Today has to roll on, sister. Your feelings and emotions are valid- you don’t need external validation- God knows exactly what you woke up with. A negative mindset is something that he knows all too well.
You probably want to get “unstuck” mentally, but it feels like it has such a heavy grip on you. I have been there, no worries. Let’s go through this checklist and get you rolling in the right direction.
- Promise yourself you aren’t going to push the unwanted feelings away. You are going to honor where you are, but also show yourself you can keep going by still moving forward with your self-care/necessary tasks.
- Take 3 deep breaths, and affirm one true positive about yourself: “Today feels hard, but I am choosing to move forward” -or- “I am handling this very well, these feelings are tough.”
- Write 3 things you are grateful for (even if it’s water, food, and air- gratitude interrupts anxiety and the enemy HATES a thankful heart (FIGHT BACK WITH FAITH)
- Get off your phone, turn off the TV, go outside, to the gym, or to a quiet space and move your body for 20-30 minutes until you get that initial wave of tension out (I call this getting your “ya-ya’s” out). The endorphins from your exercise will give you a mental and physical release and also give you a “I matter”, sense of accomplishment boost.
- Make yourself a meal that nourishes your body and soul.
- Send a word of encouragement to a family member of friend who may also be struggling. It’s therapeutic when we take our minds off ourselves and pour into others- it may also give you a different perspective as it simulates reverse psychology towards yourself.
You’re going to feel better soon! Proud of you for putting one foot in front of the other. I have these days too, it’s ok, babe.
Save this post for later and, if it was helpful for you, it would mean the world to me if you would take a moment to repost it. I want us to reach as many women as we can in this community, and THANK YOU in advance for your support.
Join us on @lose_weight_w_kate
Pin for later📍